YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY IS NOW BOARDING:
Join OTG as a Cook I now and drive a new type of hospitality. Explore career opportunities in a unique hospitality environment with some of the industry's best compensation and benefits, including PTO, Healthcare, and a competitive 401k match.
WHAT IS OTG?
OTG has revolutionized the hospitality industry by pushing the boundaries of excellence. With more than 300 in-terminal dining and retail locations across 10 airports, OTG and its 5,000+ Crewmembers serve millions of travelers each year.
By joining our team, you’ll discover endless opportunities to explore, learn and realize your greatest potential in some of the most exciting hospitality environments around. Our people drive our experiences, so we offer our crewmembers some of the best compensation and benefits in the industry.
We transform airport experiences. You drive it.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Cook is responsible for delivering the OTG guest experience. The ability to prepare food to the correct temperature, portion, and plating specifications while maintaining a clean and sanitized area, is critical to success in this role. The Cook should enjoy working with others and be motivated to deliver quality food experiences for guests.
- An OTG Cook I will work in OTG’s prep kitchens and/or on the line of one of OTG’s fast-casual concepts
- Support the BOH by prepping many of the ingredients for the BOH lines
- Prepare food to the correct doneness each time, portion sizing and plating with identical contents and appearance for consistent presentation according to OTG specifications
- Responsible for controlling the quality of all food items prepared to OTG specifications and restaurant directions
- Maintain organization, cleanliness, and sanitation of work areas and equipment
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment (i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.)
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and work toward the goal of guest satisfaction
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be fully conversational in English
- 1 to 2 years of culinary experience in a fast-paced restaurant (demonstrating entry-level cooking skills: Quick serve, grilling, frying, etc.)
- Must successfully obtain ServSafe Certification or equivalent within 30 days of being hired
- Knowledge of cooking procedures, safety, and sanitation
- Able to lift 35 lbs. or more
- Supporting other cooks and working in a team environment
- Must be mobile and able to stand for extended periods, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Must be available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and bad weather conditions--must be flexible
OTG Concessions Management, LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliates are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
About OTG Management
For more than 25 years, OTG has provided exceptional food and innovative retail concepts to travelers in airports across North America. We are well-established and continue to grow. This is a company built on innovation and welcoming individual ideas. Ours is a more flexible environment – not about hierarchy but what you contribute. Discover what sets us apart.