Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Community Relations, this position will work within the Stakeholder Engagement department, which is part of the Strategy and Stakeholder Engagement Division. This division operates as an in-house team serving as stewards of strategy, developing strategic communications and creating stakeholder champions to ensure the organization delivers on its mission, vision and strategic goals.
The Stakeholder Engagement Department connects the Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC) to the community by designing and implementing best-in-class engagements and serving as the organization’s personal connection across communities.
This position coordinates all elements of the operations and maintenance of the MAC’s Noise and Operations Monitoring System (MACNOMS) Remote Monitoring Towers (RMTs) noise monitoring stations. These duties include: managing consultant services; conducting on-site maintenance and repair; conducting sophisticated noise monitoring studies on an as needed basis in a manner consistent with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI S1.4) and the American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM E966); preparing acoustical and aircraft operational data analyses, reports and presentations; developing, deploying and maintaining various remote surveillance technologies at the MAC system of airports to assist in operations monitoring.
- Two-year degree in aviation, acoustics, electronics, engineering or related field. (Note: Four (4) years of actual noise monitoring experience and/or technical electronics certification/experience may be substituted for a maximum of two (2) years of education.).
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised in both indoor and outdoor environments in a safe manner.
- Experience with spreadsheet, database, presentation and word processing software.
- Ability to communicate and engage stakeholders, in a clear and calm manner, with varying levels of understanding of sound, noise, airport operations, and noise related to aviation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical projects which may include developing noise monitoring studies, establishing strategy to meet objectives of the project, and collecting, processing and analyzing data.