Areas USA is seeking a team of energetic, experienced, and passionate Assistant Managers to operate 13 unique and flourishing restaurants located at the award-winning Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport.
- Status - Full Time / Exempt
- Salary: Starting at $55,000 - depending on experience
- Schedule: Minimum 50 hours per week - 10 to 12 hours a day.
- · Advance - Opportunities for advancement including multi-unit responsibilities
- · Health – Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- · Protection - Life, long term disability, and short-term disability insurance
- · Retirement - 401(k) retirement plan
- · Recharge and Relax – Vacation, sick time, and mental health “Cares Days” pay
- · Dine With Us - Free Meals
- · Opportunities - Transfer opportunities in the US and world-wide
- · Experience - Previous restaurant management experience
- · Leadership - Strong leadership ability
- · Energy - Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- · Communication - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- · Details - Strong attention to detail
- · Availability - Ability to work a flexible schedule based on restaurant needs
- · Financial - P&L experience
- · Education – Minimum GED
- · Must be 18 years old
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to: stand for long periods of time, use hands and fingers, and be able to handle, feel, communicate verbally, and hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, taste, and smell. The associate is also occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and either lift or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- If you’re seeking the perfect balance of professional success and growth potential at a world-class international hospitality company… apply today!
Areas USA is a world-class international leader in casual dining and quick serve food, beverage, and retail services in the travel hospitality industry. With an operating presence in 12 countries throughout Europe and the Americas including US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Chile, and Mexico, Areas offers a broad range of food services designed to exceed the expectations of travelers in airports, highway service plazas and railway stations.
Areas serves over 348 million guests per year, has 22,500 employees, and is ranked #3 in travel food and retail services worldwide.
Areas have a presence in the following US cities:
- · Minneapolis
- · Los Angeles
- · Miami
- · Orlando
- · Chicago
- · Boston
- · Atlanta
- · Maryland
- · Indianapolis
- · Detroit,
- · Newark
Areas is seeking a team of energetic, experienced, and passionate assistant managers to operate 13 unique and flourishing restaurants located at the award-winning Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport.
Our restaurants include:
- · People's Organic
- · Panda Express
- · Hi-Lo Diner
- · Wendy's
- · Cook and Ox Premier Steakhouse
- · Cinnabon Bakery
- · Auntie Anne's
- · Bruegger's Bagels
- · Blue Door Pub
- · City Point Bar
- · Greek Kitchen
- · LeeAnn Chin
Areas boasts a portfolio of 150 top and trendy brands designed to cater to the tastes of all travelers whether they are looking to catch a quick coffee between flights, enjoy a relaxing moment with the family or have access to connected services during a long trip.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- · Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall management.
- · Supervise and coordinate assigned shifts, conduct meetings with staff daily.
- · Assist in overall supervision of the department.
- · Make employment and termination recommendations consistent with company guidelines for approval of review by the Restaurant Manager and HR Manager, as applicable.
- · Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- · Observe, teach, and correct staff’s service.
- · Follow up on established training steps.
- · Check staff punctuality.
- · Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with Areas USA’s policies and procedures.
- · Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- · Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- · Ensure that all equipment is kept clean in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- · Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant's receiving policies and procedures.
- · Schedule labor as required by anticipated business actively while ensuring that all positions are staffed when as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- · Examine food and beverage preparation.
- · Stay in the store during peak hours.
- · Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- · Provide advice and suggestions to the Restaurant Manager as needed.
- · Assists in supervising the shift’s operations in the restaurant and liaise with the kitchen staff to ensure smooth operations, compliance with procedures and safety regulations and that the optimal level of quality service is achieved.
- · Handle any guest complain during the assigned shift.
- · Communicate with guests and receive feedback.
- · Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.