The Metropolitan Airports Commission is seeking to fill a full-time Attorney II position. The Attorney II is a mid-level attorney position that reports to the Deputy General Counsel. The ideal candidate will possess a J.D. from an accredited law school and have a minimum of two years of licensed attorney experience, in a client-facing role or as a judicial clerk. The candidate must have experience providing legal advice in one or more of the following areas: municipal, aviation or airport, real estate, landlord-tenant, construction, procurement, environmental, business, technology, constitutional and statutory interpretation, and regulatory compliance. In addition, the candidate must meet all the minimum requirements listed for this position.
- Provides legal work to support several MAC departments, as directed
- Provides project leadership under the direction of a senior attorney
- Assists in the preparation, analysis, review and enforcement of Commission contracts, leases, ordinances, rules and regulations.
- Assists in the analysis, counseling and advising of the Commission and Commission staff regarding legal implications of development, operational and policy matters and decisions.
- Provides advice and counsel to the Commission and staff on federal, state and local law, legislation, court decisions and administrative rules.
- Provides legal assistance and represents the Commission in public hearings, administrative proceedings, litigation and legislative hearings as needed.
- Works with outside counsel on some projects, including litigation.
- Assists in preparation of Commission memoranda, reports, studies and special projects.
- Maintains familiarity with legal developments and decisions on federal, state, or local levels, which affect the interest of the Commission.
- Performs other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Possession of a J.D. from an accredited law school
- Admitted to the Minnesota Bar or eligible for admission within one year
- Minimum of two years of licensed attorney experience, in a client-facing role or as a judicial clerk
- Experience providing legal advice in one or more of the following areas: municipal, aviation or airport, real estate, landlord-tenant, construction, procurement, environmental, business, technology, constitutional and statutory interpretation, and regulatory compliance
- Experience drafting, negotiating, or interpreting contracts
- Experience practicing in an airport, government, or in-house setting
- Enjoys working as part of a cross-functional team to meet shared objectives and enabling enterprise business functions
- Experience providing legal advice related to the development, implementation, and enforcement of public policy and regulation
- Experience negotiating technology or software contracts and license agreements
- Litigation experience
- Experience working with enterprise data management systems in responding to discovery or public data requests
- Strong record of achievement in law school, including moot court, law review or law journal experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking experience
- Proficient with modern business software, including legal-specific tools