Are you energetic, reliable and have a passion for service? Are you an individual with an interest in meeting new people and adding to the guests travel experience?
Areas is looking for amazing Associates to join our team as a Barista in our People's Organic and Bruegger's Bagels restaurants located within Terminal 1 of the Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport.
This position pays $17.00/hr and does require weekend availability.
Now offering an additional $500 sign-on bonus!
We believe in taking a proactive role in providing guidance and services that support the Area’s goals and objectives by promoting the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource.
We strive to provide our employees with a creative, flexible, exciting and caring work environment.
- Shift differential for early morning shifts
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Vacation and sick time pay
- Areas Cares Days
- Flexible scheduling part-time and full-time opportunities
- Free shift meal
- Opportunities for advancement
- Uniforms provided including non-slip shoes every 6 months
COVID-19 Safety Measures
We are committed to ensuring the safety of our Associates and Guests. Our safety measures include:
- Symptom screenings before each shift
- Enhanced cleaning and handwashing procedures
- Plexiglass shields and social distancing between Associates and Guests
- Face coverings and gloves are provided for all associates
Broad Functions: Provides courteous, knowledgeable, outstanding customer service through excellent product knowledge and superior barista skills. Prepares beverages according to Store highest standards, and a commitment to quality in all of the goods the store offers. In filling a customer's order, baristas must address numerous factors, including the grind of the espresso, the pressure of the tamp, the speed at which the espresso shot is pulled, the temperature of the milk and the kind of serving cup.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Welcomes and connects with every customer.
2. Discover customer needs and appropriately suggests product to enhance service and meet sales goals.
3. Offers customer demonstrations and samples using brewing equipment.
4. Creates opportunities for customer to interact with the product.
5. Responds to customer needs and says thank you to every customer.
6. Prepares beverages to standards.
7. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products and areas.
8. Follows store policy and procedures for operational flow at each station.
9. Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing products.
10. Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with the duty rosters and cleaning standards.
11. Presents oneself professionally and demonstrates clear communication with customer’s and team members.
12. Follows cash handling procedures and cash register policies.
13. Follows inventory stocking and recording guidelines.
14. Contributes to store goals for increasing sales and improving profits.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
2. Customer service experience required. Some coffee experience preferred.
3. Ability to learn quickly
4. Effective oral communication skills
5. Strong interpersonal skills
6. Ability to work as part of a team
7. Ability to build relationships
8. Ability to demonstrate enthusiastic work ethic
9. Ability to deliver excellent customer service
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate verbally, and hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, taste, and smell. The associate is also occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and either lift or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.