Air General, a family-owned, national cargo handling company, is seeking Cargo Agents for our Minneapolis-Saint Paul Airport (MSP) operation. If you are interested in a career with an industry leader that promotes respect, caring, and equality for our employees in an environment that fosters growth, please consider joining us!
- Ongoing online training due to the dynamic nature of our business.
- Adhere to all safety and security procedures and immediately report any discrepancies.
- Understanding/preparation of shipping documentation for cargo shipments tendered to us on behalf of the airline customers we serve. Shipments include small packages, live animals, medical, seafood and other perishables and general freight.
- Ability to learn the time sensitive requirements for shipments and how to book them.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various governmental agencies.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service both in person and via phone.
- Dump and scan inbound mail
- Complete any necessary postal logs as applicable within prescribed time frames
- Keep proper statistics of all mail handled
- Operate a forklift, tug and pallet jack
- Load/unload air cargo from/to vehicles/trucks
- Prepare, palletize, and/or breakdown cargo as needed
- Adhere to all FAA, TSA, USDA, Airport, Airline and Air General Safety and Security procedures
- Maintain safe and clean operation of warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Maintain logs, files, and statistics as required.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the managers.
- Must possess a valid Drivers License
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screenings, background checks, airport/government security background checks, and a federal drug test (including marijuana)
- High school diploma or GED required for screening positions
- Must be able to obtain valid airport I.D. badge.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess the ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Must be available to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Inquiries and Information
Air General Inc
Web ReferenceAir General Careers