Delta will be offering a $2000 sign-on bonus to employees in this position after 6 months of employment.
Delta Air Lines is the most awarded airline for customer satisfaction. We are looking for Cargo Agents to join the Delta family. As a Customer Service Agent, you will work with an innovative team whose common goal is to ensure that our customers' cargo arrives safely and on time to drive a positive customer experience. This team plays a key part in keeping our brand strong by maintaining professionalism and exhibiting a positive attitude inside and outside of work.
This is an entry-level role with immediate growth opportunities. We’ll provide the tools to reach your career goals through direct mentorship from leadership. Whether you want to stay within the operation or explore another avenue at Delta, we’ll help you keep climbing.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE DELTA!
Our culture is rooted in a shared dedication to living our values – Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Perseverance, and Servant Leadership – every day, in everything we do. Exploring a career at Delta gives you a chance to see the world while providing great beneﬁts along the way:
- Domestic and International Flight privileges for employees and eligible family members (free flights!)
- Competitive salary, industry-leading proﬁt sharing, and 401(k) with generous direct contribution and company match
- Comprehensive health & welfare beneﬁts including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, and life beneﬁts
- Paid training includes instruction, observation, exams, and performance measures.
- Access to subsidized and vetted Backup Care for children, adults, and pets through Care.com
- Discounts on hotels, cars, and other travel-related services
HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING
Cargo Agents will be scheduled to work between 20 to 40 hours per week. Work tasks include bending, stooping, twisting, standing, and walking. Work tasks are repetitive such as loading and unloading and transporting cargo and mail to aircraft. Some of your daily tasks include:
- Safely operate ground support equipment such as tugs, forklifts, and tow tractors.
- Subject to flexible work shifts, including working weekends and holidays.
- Subject to working in inclement weather.
- Practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures while performing under time constraints.
- Safely lift, load, unload, and transport mail and cargo to and from aircraft and be responsible for on-time shipments.
- Safeguard Cargo and mail from damage, loss, and weather.
- Safely driving and operating ground equipment such as tugs, forklifts, and tow tractors in areas of congestion.
- Repeatedly lift and load cargo onto carts and ensure each shipment reaches its destination.
- Operate scanners and computers to ensure mail and cargo are routed correctly to the destination.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Embraces diverse people, thinking, and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
- High School diploma, GED, or High School Equivalency.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to drive and safely operate a forklift, baggage tug, and tow tractor.
- Must be proficient in English.
- Should have excellent oral and verbal communication skills and be able to comprehend detailed job instructions.
- Should project a professional image.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Must successfully complete relevant training classes.
- Incremental training for additional responsibilities such as handling specialized processes, equipment, and products can be required.
- Ability to frequently lift bags or items weighing up to and including 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift bags or items weighing between 50 and 70 pounds.
- Be willing to work a fixed and/or rotating schedule including afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays in all weather conditions.
- Able to work in various climates inside and outside the warehouse.
- Pass a post-offer pre-employment drug test.
- Pass a physical ability test (PAT), if fail PAT test, retest permitted within 4-8 weeks post failure.
- Must be able to obtain and hold an airport badge with a customs seal.
- Pass an extensive post offer pre-employment background check, including fingerprinting and a criminal history record check required by federal law.
- Be authorized to work in the US.
- Must wear required company-approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include, but not limited to: hearing protection, safety-toe footwear, protective headwear (bump cap or hard hat), and high visibility safety apparel subject to an approved accommodation, such as alternate PPE.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for a U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Previous cargo freight and warehouse operations experience is preferred.
- Typing/computer skills are strongly preferred.
Delta Air Lines is an equal opportunity employer / Affirmative Action employer including disability/veteran and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements.