Donut worry...be happy! Angel Food Bakery, an award-winning downtown Minneapolis gem with fabulous donuts, pastries, cookies, cupcakes and other treats, will be opening a sparkling new location at MSP Airport in mid-October, and this position has competitive benefits such as MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, and even 401K!
We are a small collective of passionate people with a penchant for quality food and knowledgeable customer service...even the Food Network and Martha Stewart Living have noticed we bake completely from scratch with top quality ingredients. We took the top $10,000 prize at the Cooking Channel's Donut Showdown competition...and our customer service is legendary.
Our ideal match would be someone that is stoked on customer service...it truly makes you happy to take such great care of hurried travelers that they tell other folks about our airport bakery. (Not to mention how good it feels when guests come back and seek us out the next time they're at the airport.) This is a full time, year round position with competitive pay, benefits, and growth opportunities.
Under the direction of the Lead/Supervisor, operates point of sale (POS) system and serves guests in accordance with the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Properly records all transactions via the point of sale system and informs guests of amount owed.
- Collects the proper money for food and beverage items; processes credit card or determines correct change for guests.
- Accounts for all transactions; maintains accurate cash count and balance banks at end of shift
Foodservice duties (if applicable)
- Serves food and beverage items in correct proportions and while following proper sanitation guidelines
- Records all waste.
- Acquaints guests with items for sale and uses suggestive selling techniques
- Performs clean-up duties to maintain quality appearance of work area
- Participates in work area set-up
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to GuestPath’s Universal Service Standards
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately count change and balance bank
- Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and receive orders.
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment: You'll go through crazy busy periods when you feel like you need 8 arms; then things slow down for a breather and we tidy things up for the next rush. Seeing a To Do list through and knowing when to ask for help are very important attributes in our ideal hire.
- Product knowledge: You gotta have it. You gotta want more of it. Customers expect it.
- Pitching in: Folks love our gorgeous light-filled bakery, so we clean up after ourselves, sweep, do some dishes and put stuff away to keep things shiny and clean. "Many hands make light work"...i.e., everyone pitches in. #BakeryLife #HardWorkButStillFun
- Ability to stand and remain stationary for entire length of shift
- Constant walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to perform normal lifting of stock, up to 50 pounds.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hold and cold, depending on season
- May be required to work in confined and/or narrow spaces
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.