What We Are Looking For
Are you an energetic, reliable and have a passion for service? Are you an individual with an interest in meeting new people and adding to the guests travel experience?
Areas is looking for an amazing Associate to join our team as a Food Attendant in our Panda Express, Brueggers Bagels and Wendy's restaurants located within Terminal 1 of the Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport.
This position would pay $17.00 and would require the ability to work early mornings and weekends.
Now offering an additional $500 sign-on bonus!
We believe in taking a proactive role in providing guidance and services that support the Area’s goals and objectives by promoting the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource.
We strive to provide our employees with a creative, flexible, exciting and caring work environment.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Vacation and sick time pay
- Areas Cares Days
- Flexible scheduling part-time and full-time opportunities
- Free shift meal
- Opportunities for advancement
- Uniforms provided including non-slip shoes every 6 months
Broad Functions: The Fast Food Attendant is responsible for performing a variety of duties within a fast food / snack bar establishment which may include completing customer transactions, cleaning the food or stock areas, assisting in the kitchen area, and maintaining inventory; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Concept Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets customers and takes food order; provides information about menus; looks for opportunity to "up-sell" products.
- Operates cash register and receives payment from customer in cash or credit card, accurately counts and provides change to customers as required, and follows all Areas Guest Experience and cash handling policies and procedures
- Cleans and stocks work area
- Assists in locating, reconciling, and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operate equipment with peripheral electronic data processing. Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or cart
- Assists with a variety of kitchen-related functions as needed
- Receives inventory, moves and lifts food and beverage products and supplies; maintain a solid knowledge of product and services available in unit
- Ensures proper food handling procedures are followed including wrapping, labeling, dating, stocking, storing, rotating and checking temperature of products
- Cleans and sanitizes work station and equipment
Skills and Qualifications:
- S. Diploma or equivalent.
- Cashier experience in a food and beverage environment highly desirable.
- Excellent guest service abilities while working directly with the public.
- Basic mathematics skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Able to develop cooperative working relationships with others.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate verbally, and hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, taste, and smell. The associate is also occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and either lift or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.