The Metropolitan Airports commission is seeking a customer-focused, team player to provide an exceptional customer experience from the initial client contact to the delivery of catering and event services.
This position is responsible for food preparation and cooking of catered events, event planning, and performing the day-to-day operations of the MSP Airport Conference Center.
The ideal candidate will have professional food preparation experience, professional event planning experience, and the ability to market conference center offerings, in addition to exceptional customer service skills, administrative skills and basic Microsoft Office skills.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to multi-task; coordinate/prioritize/prepare/cook food and beverage for multiple events
- Professional experience in event planning or event coordination where the primary duties have included taking reservations, anticipating client needs and providing administrative support
- Professional catering experience where the primary duties included food handling, preparation, presentation of food and batch cooking with commercial grade kitchen equipment
- Must be detail-oriented, innovative, and creative
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic skill level using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- The ability to electronically manage multiple calendars through Outlook or another calendar software
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to independently lift, position and pull forty pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to obtain Certified Food Manager Certification during the probationary period
- Valid driver’s license and possession of a working reliable vehicle to drive between MAC buildings and suppliers on a daily basis