LSG Sky Chefs is looking for a Vehicle / Diesel Mechanic to join our Maintenance team based in Minneapolis. Reporting to the Manager of Fleet Operations, the automotive (auto) technician will be responsible for the ongoing preventative and restorative maintenance needed to maintain our fleet of vehicles in superb condition. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement.
****$1000 retention bonus, paid out in increments within 1st 90 days ($300 after 30 days, $300 after 60 days, $400 after 90 days)****
- Perform preventive and diagnostic maintenance along with repairs on all types of motor vehicle and transportation equipment.
- Preparing work plans after fully scoping out the issues
- Running diagnostic tests on diesel engines and interpreting the results to offer suitable solutions
- Inspecting vehicle systems, including suspensions, steering and exhausts
- Perform monthly safety audits on maintenance area.
- Conducting field visits in the case of an emergency or sudden breakdown
- Test driving repaired vehicles to gauge their performance
- Weekly fleet fluid checks
- Electrical systems skills (troubleshooting/Diagnostics)
Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as Diesel Mechanic
- Valid driver’s license
- Advanced knowledge of diesel engines
- Proficiency with maintenance tools and repair equipment
- Strong automotive diagnostic skills
Inquiries and Information
LSG Sky Chefs
Web ReferenceApply on Indeed