Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the International Association of Machinists (IAM) Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Fleet Service Agents loads and unloads baggage and cargo, marshals aircraft to and from gates, and services aircraft.
- Move baggage and cargo of various weights to and from aircraft
- Drive and operate belt loaders
- Service aircraft at gates with ground power and air conditioning
- Tow and push back aircraft from gates
- Service aircraft lavatories and water ports
- Clean interior of aircraft when needed
- Position beverage and luggage carts around the ramp area
- Works outdoors in various weather conditions
- Work shifts that include irregular and/or extended hours, weekends and holidays.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualifying individuals with disabilities.
- High school diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- People-oriented and highly motivated, with a positive and cooperative attitude
- Lift, load, unload, and transport bags and cargo to/from aircraft's, bag carts, and conveyor belts
- Good communication skills
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local authorities
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Ability to obtain jet bridge certification
- Must have the ability to pass the US Postal Service background check
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more