Phone: 612-726-6294 ext 22117
Delaware North Travel and Hospitality is hiring a Prep Cook to join our team at Minneapolis Airport in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Position starts at $15.00/HOUR
BENEFITS: Delaware North offers full time employees competitive benefits including health care, paid time off and a 401K
• Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
• Properly measures, portions, and prepares all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies, and procedures.
• Retrieves from storage areas all items necessary for preparation.
• Maintains food, utensils and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
• Labels, dates and wraps food product, adhering to ServSafe procedures.
• Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
• Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
• Follows all safety, security and kitchen procedures.
• Communicates with chef for any special instructions/training.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Prior food preparation experience preferred, but not required.
• Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets.
• Ability to use kitchen tools safely (knives and small equipment ware).
• Ability to follow instructions.
• Frequent standing and/or walking for entire length of shift.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
• Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Exposed to variable temperatures, depending on the season; may work frequently in a hot and/or damp environment.
• May be required to work in confined space.
• Hazards include, but are not limited to cuts from broken glass, metal cans, slipping and tripping.
• Frequently immerses hands in water.