The Material Coordinator is responsible coordinating and managing the flow of aircraft parts and related materials in support of Sun Country Maintenance activities. These responsibilities include all shipping, receiving, stocking, issuing, security, cycle counting, and proper disposal of all aircraft parts and related materials.
Are you looking for a new career journey? When you come onboard at Sun Country Airlines, you’re joining a dynamic team that operates a new breed of hybrid airplanes based in Minnesota with flights spanning across North America and the Caribbean. Join our fast-growing low-cost airline that operates a diversified network including our scheduled service business, charter, and cargo businesses. We are Celebrating 40 years of flying and would love to have you join our team!
Sun Country Airlines provides the resources and support our employees need to succeed. Besides working at a exciting and growing company.
The Materials Coordinator enjoys these benefits and more:
- Comprehensive benefit package including dental and vision
- PPO and high deductible health plans
- Health savings account and Flexible Spending Account
- Starting day one free standby and discounted travel privileges for employees, family, & friends
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program including counseling for employees and their family
- Fitness incentive and Stop Smoking Support
Materials Coordinator Overview:
The Material Coordinator is responsible coordinating and managing the flow of aircraft parts and related materials in support of Sun Country Maintenance activities. These responsibilities include all shipping, receiving, stocking, issuing, security, cycle counting, and proper disposal of all aircraft parts and related materials. This position could require working an evenings shift.
Essential roles and responsibilities of The Material Coordinator:
- Perform initial receiving of all incoming materials.
- Monitor all loans, borrows, and exchanges to ensure they are processed and returned expeditiously, while ensuring cores meet contract return requirements.
- Communicate order receiving discrepancies to the appropriate Buyer/Repair Coordinator for proper resolution.
- Issue materials in accordance with Sun Country Airlines' policy and procedures to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Ensure parts returned to Materials are properly tagged and identified by Maintenance as serviceable or unserviceable.
- Perform cycle counts.
- Return parts to stock in accordance with Sun Country Airlines' policy and procedures.
- Administration and tracking of material allocated to outstations, fly-away kits, COMAT, consignment inventory, and off-site storage facilities.
- Ensure parts are stored properly to prevent damage and contamination.
- Responsible for physical removal of all monthly shelf-life expired items from inventory.
- Maintain files with current revisions of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal safety and health regulatory requirements, programmatic standards, and with any internal policies and procedures identified by Sun Country Airlines.
- Other duties as assigned
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Working Location: This position is open in Minneapolis, MN
The qualifications we are looking for in a Materials Coordinator:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in a warehouse or similar environment; experience with a forklift and other warehouse equipment helpful
- Previous purchasing or inventory management experience
- Must have a current drivers license
- Knowledge, experience, and understanding of airline business processes and systems
- Work effectively with minimal supervision under stressful situations
Sun County Airlines respects and values every employee’s contribution to our business. We believe that an important part of our strength comes from our people and their array of perspectives.
It is the policy of Sun Country Airlines to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.