The Metropolitan Airports Commission is seeking a Journeyperson Painter to perform skilled painting, scraping, sanding, priming, staining, sealing, varnishing and finishing of all types of concrete, wood, sheetrock and metal finishes on interior and exterior surfaces. In addition this position is responsible for striping roads, parking lots, runways, taxiways and apron areas and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of paint spraying equipment.
- Completion of a verifiable state-approved apprenticeship program for painters (must provide proof of certification of apprenticeship completion)
- Two years of journeyperson painter experience
- Basic computer skills including proficiency with email and web-browsers.
- Possession of a valid state-issued driver’s license
- Possession of or ability to obtain a complete set of painting tools by date of hire
- Ability to successfully obtain an Air Operations Area (AOA) license within the probationary period
- Ability to lift, position, carry, and pull 75 lbs.
- Ability to pass a respirator fit test and wear respirator
Inquiries and Information
Metropolitan Airports Commission