What We Are Looking For
Are you energetic, reliable and have a passion for service? Are you an individual with an interest in meeting new people and adding to the guests travel experience?
Areas is looking for an amazing associate to join our team as a Prep Cook in our People's Organic restaurant located within Terminal 1 of the Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport.
This position pays $18.00/hr. and does require the ability to work early mornings and weekends.
We believe in taking a proactive role in providing guidance and services that support the Area’s goals and objectives by promoting the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource.
We strive to provide our employees with a creative, flexible, exciting and caring work environment.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Vacation and sick time pay
- Areas Cares Days
- Flexible scheduling part-time and full-time opportunities
- Free shift meal
- Opportunities for advancement
- Uniforms provided including non-slip shoes every 6 months
COVID-19 Safety Measures
We are committed to ensuring the safety of our Associates and Guests. Our safety measures include:
- Symptom screenings before each shift
- Enhanced cleaning and handwashing procedures
- Plexiglass shields and social distancing between Associates and Guests
- Face coverings and gloves are provided for all associates
Position Title: Prep Cook
Reports To: Kitchen Manager or Restaurant Manager (as applicable)
Status: Non Exempt
Broad Functions: Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complete opening and closing checklists.
2. Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
3. Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
4. Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
5. Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
6. Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
7. Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
8. Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
9. Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems to Kitchen Manager.