Delta will be offering a $2000 sign-on bonus to employees in this position after 6 months of employment.
Delta Air Lines is the most awarded airline for customer satisfaction. We are looking for Ramp Agents to join the Delta family. As a Customer Service Agent, you will work with an innovative team whose common goal is to ensure that our customer's baggage and cargo arrive safely and on time. This team plays a direct impact in driving a positive customer experience.
This is an entry-level role with immediate growth opportunities. We’ll provide the tools to reach your career goals through direct mentorship from leadership. Whether you want to stay within the operation or explore another avenue at Delta, we’ll help you keep climbing.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE DELTA!
Our culture is rooted in a shared dedication to living our values – Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Perseverance, and Servant Leadership – every day, in everything we do. Exploring a career at Delta gives you a chance to see the world while providing great beneﬁts along the way:
- Domestic and International Flight privileges for employees and eligible family members (free flights!)
- Competitive salary, industry-leading proﬁt sharing, and 401(k) with generous direct contribution and company match
- Comprehensive health & welfare beneﬁts including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life beneﬁts
- Paid training includes instruction, observation, exams, and performance measures.
- Access to subsidized and vetted Backup Care for children, adults, and pets through Care.com
- Discounts on hotels, cars, and other travel-related services
HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING
Your shift will vary between 20 to 40 hours per week, including afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Work tasks include bending, stooping, twisting, standing, and walking. Work tasks are repetitive such as loading and stacking bags weighing up to 50 pounds. Ramp Agents are comfortable working in confined spaces and on knees for an extended period in aircraft bins. At times, these tasks will be completed in harsh weather conditions (heat, rain, snow, to name a few). We practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures. Some of your daily tasks include:
- Safely lift, load, unload, and transport baggage, mail, and cargo to and from aircraft and be responsible for timely connections by guiding incoming and departing aircraft from the gate positions.
- Safeguard Cargo, baggage, and mail from damage, loss, and weather.
- Safely driving and operating ground equipment such as tugs, belt loaders, and tow tractors in areas of congestion.
- Operate baggage scanners and computers to ensure baggage is routed accurately to the passenger's destination.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Embraces a diverse set of people, thinking, and styles.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in English.
- Possess basic digital literacy.
- Ability to occasionally lift bags weighing between 50 and 70 pounds.
- Pass a post-offer pre-employment drug test.
- Pass a physical ability test (PAT), if fail PAT test, retest permitted within 4-8 weeks post failure.
- Pass an extensive post offer pre-employment background check, including fingerprinting and a criminal history record check required by federal law.
- Be authorized to work in the US.
- Must wear required company-approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include, but not limited to: hearing protection, safety-toe footwear, protective headwear (bump cap or hard hat), and high visibility safety apparel subject to an approved accommodation, such as alternate PPE.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for a U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Delta Air Lines is an equal opportunity employer / Affirmative Action employer including disability/veteran and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements.