Jump start your aviation career by joining Sun Country as a Ramp Agent! Our ramp agents are movers and doers- a vital piece of the travel puzzle. If you like working outdoors and being physical, this is the role for you! This position is a great way to learn more about the airline industry while contributing to the success of the company. Sun Country provides all the training so you will learn the components necessary to get cargo and passenger baggage to its destination while keeping flight schedules on time and delivering a positive customer experience. If you love airplanes and have an aptitude to learn, this is the position for you!
When you come onboard at Sun Country Airlines, you are joining an experienced team of driven and talented employees. We affordably connect guests to their favorite people, places, and memories, and we do it by cultivating a culture that encourages our team to pursue their passions in the air and on the ground – allowing you to Fly at the Speed of Life. We take pride in our company, culture, and comradery, and would love to have you join us!
The MSP Ramp Agent position is responsible for the handling of customer baggage which may include the loading and unloading, operation of ground service equipment including deicing, and marshaling in and pushing back the aircraft. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Load and unload baggage and cargo of varying sizes and weights to and from the aircraft
- Frequently lift and carry 60 pounds
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, kneel, and climb stairs for extended periods of time
- Operate ground service equipment to service both aircraft and passengers, operate heavy machinery/equipment
- Direct aircraft to and from gates
- Service aircraft as needed
- Perform interior aircraft cleaning and stocking as needed
- Ensure runway is clear of foreign debris
- Follow all necessary safety and security procedures as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess and be able to display valid drivers license
- Must be able to pass a federal background check
- Must be flexible to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Working environment is often outdoors in all weather conditions
- Team members will be exposed to loud and frequent noises from aircraft departures
- Full time work