HMSHost is hiring Assistant Restaurant Managers at Minneapolis−Saint Paul International Airport for Starbuck's, Chick Fil A and Bottle Rocket!
Ready to launch your career? With 15 restaurants and 13 different brands, you can learn and grow your career with us!
Check out our amazing benefits: Free meals, free airport parking, paid holidays, vacation and flex time, health/dental/vision, tuition reimbursement, 401K, and so much more!
Our managers are coaches, guiding their team to success. We value restaurant managers who are reliable, can be counted on to do the right thing and focus on the simplicity of our mission – ensuring everyone feels great at work, and that our travelers are feeling great on the move.
A great HMSHost Assistant Restaurant Manager is someone who:
- Has a passion for service and hospitality
- Brings their best self to work, creating an environment where their team is happy and engaged
- Is committed to quality work, is reliable and a team player
- Maintains a focus on the basics of operational quality and great experiences
- Is open to new ideas and suggests ideas of their own
- Treats everyone with respect and shows appreciation for a job well done
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment with opportunities to learn and grow
Safety is our priority – our COVID-19 protocols keep our associates and guests safe!
At HMSHost, we know our success is based on great people, strong teams, and a fun environment. If you have positive energy, a passion for serving others, enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a team player, like to learn and grow, and have fun at work – apply now!
Ready to feel great at work? Apply today to join the HMSHost family of restaurants as a manager at Minneapolis−Saint Paul International Airport, we help travelers feel good on the move!
You must be 18+ to apply
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) - Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Job Type: Full-time
The purpose of the Manager I (MGRI) position is to assist Branch management in tactically executing QSR or similar restaurant management operations. The MGRI ensures the restaurant is clean, ready for business, staffed, and operates to high operational standards. The MGRI uses prescribed policies and procedures to make management decisions.
- Completes opening, daily and closing procedures/checklists in accordance with company policies/procedures
- Assists the AGM/GM in managing by supervising day-to-day activities of associates within a defined individual or group of restaurants or points-of-sale
- Participates in the interview process, provides input in hiring, recommends termination, advancement, promotion or any other status change to the GM for associates within the unit
- Assigns work tasks and activities, participates in preparing schedules, and ensures that all shifts are covered
- Actively ensures all associates take all mandated rest breaks and meal periods
- Ensures display areas are appropriately clean, stocked, and visually appealing
- Ensures all equipment is in good working order
- Operates cash register and voids transactions as needed while following all HMSHost cash handling policies and procedures, and maintains proper security of cash at all times
- Monitors compliance with wellness and safety procedures and guidelines, builds awareness about wellness and safety, and reports any safety concerns to the GM
- Understands and performs all Health and Safety activities as specified in the Manager’s Guide to Associate Health and Safety
- Places orders for individual units, receives goods, processes invoices
- Ensures that the company has most current contact information for all associates working in the restaurant.
- Ability to work shifts during various operating days and hours each week; during opening, during busy day parts, and during closing to monitor restaurant associates’ work activities during these different days and times.
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local sanitary, safety, and health standards, and all procedures and protocols to comply with HACCP standards