Are you looking for a new career journey?
When you come onboard at Sun Country Airlines, you’re joining a dynamic team that operates a new breed of hybrid low-cost carrier based in Minnesota with flights spanning across North America, Mexico and the Caribbean. Join our fast-growing airline that operates a diversified network including scheduled passenger service, charter flying, and cargo operations. This year, we are celebrating 40 years of flying and would love to have you join us!
The Seasonal Ramp Agent position is responsible for supporting peak season operations. Specifically, seasonal agents are accountable for preparing for aircraft arrival and departure; the proper and accurate handling of customer baggage which may include the loading and unloading, operation of ground service equipment, and marshaling in and pushing back aircraft.
Peak Season and required availability is:
- *MEA week (October Wednesday through Sunday): 3 shifts
- *Thanksgiving (Sunday prior to Sunday after): 4 shifts
- *Christmas/New Year Holiday (12/20-1/8): 7 shifts
- *Spring Break (3/8-4/10): 5 shifts
- *Summer (Last week of May to Sep 1) – 15 hours per week
Sun Country Airlines is seeking Seasonal Ramp Agents to support peak season operations. Specifically, seasonal agents are accountable for preparing for aircraft arrival and departure; the proper and accurate handling of customer baggage which may include the loading and unloading, operation of ground service equipment, and marshaling in and pushing back aircraft.
Peak Seasonal required availability is as follows:
You will be expected to work the number of shifts identified. Each shift is scheduled for 5 hours.
- MEA week (October Wednesday (10/18 through Sunday 10/20): must work 3 full shifts
- Thanksgiving (Sunday prior to Sunday after): must work 4 full shifts
- Christmas/New Year Holiday (12/15-1/8): must work 12 full shifts
- Spring Break (2/15 -4/1): must work 7 full shifts
- Summer (May 15 to Sep 1) – 15 hours per week
Ramp agents are scheduled to work based on business needs, and shifts may be scheduled on any days, including identified holidays, in the listed timeframe; candidates must have the availability to work any of the days listed in the peak time periods.
After each season a review of the hours worked will be completed and agents must meet the required shifts and hours to maintain seasonal employment status moving forward.
Potential hours include:
- 4:30AM-9:30AM, 1:00PM-6:00PM and 5:00PM-10:00PM
Potential work schedule includes:
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Monday
Sun Country Airlines provides the resources and support our employees need to succeed. Besides working at a great and growing company, you’ll enjoy these benefits:
- Starting day one free standby and discounted travel privileges for employees, family, & friends
- 401(k) match
Essential roles and responsibilities of a Seasonal Ramp Agent:
- Prepare for aircraft arrival and departure by readying equipment such as tow vehicles, wheel chocks, and belt-loaders; taking positions; removing debris from tarmac
- Safely and efficiently load and unload baggage, cargo, and mail of various weight and dimensions to and from aircraft and airport baggage areas
- Operate ground service equipment to service the aircraft and its passengers
- Operate heavy, motorized machinery/equipment including, but not limited to tugs, tractors, belt loaders, bag carts, pushback tractors, deicers, etc.
- Marshal aircraft to and from gates (e.g. directing, assisting and parking all arriving, departing, and towed aircraft)
- Service aircraft as needed (e.g. interior cleaning and supply replenish, aircraft lavatories, window wash, potable water, and deicing)
- Responsible for aircraft security searches as required
- Timely report safety and operational issues, including equipment requiring service
- Follow safety regulations, which include the proper use of ground service equipment and wearing proper safety items
- Other duties as assigned by management
Classification: Seasonal, Hourly
Pay: $18 hourly
Working Location: MSP Terminal 2
Training Schedule: 1 week, Monday through Friday 9:00- 5:00pm
- Working environment is often outdoors in all weather conditions
- Team members will be exposed to loud and frequent noises from aircraft departures
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds on a regular basis and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Previous Ramp experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; use hands or finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to pass a federal background check
- Must be able to obtain an MSP SIDA badge and Customs Seal