WHAT IS OTG? OTG has revolutionized the hospitality industry by pushing the boundaries of excellence. With more than 300 in-terminal dining and retail locations across 10 airports, OTG and its 5,000+ Crewmembers serve millions of travelers each year.
WHY OTG? By joining our team, you’ll discover endless opportunities to explore, learn and realize your greatest potential in some of the most exciting hospitality environments around. Our people drive our experiences, so we offer our crewmembers some of the best compensation and benefits in the industry. OTG has introduced Dayforce Wallet, which allows Crewmembers to make everyday payday by using the pay they’ve already earned to cover expenses before their next paycheck. To learn more, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJz7mPcK0vE
We transform airport experiences. You drive it.
YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY IS NOW BOARDING: Join OTG as a Sushi Cook now and drive a new type of hospitality. Explore career opportunities in a unique hospitality environment with some of the industry's best compensation and benefits, including PTO, Healthcare, and a competitive 401k match.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ability to perform all duties and serve in whatever capacity needed by the business as is determined by the manager or chef. Responsible for the preparation of all food items at the station according to specifications and pre-set time limits. Orders ingredients as directed.
- Follows standard preparation and cooking procedures of assigned facility as designated by manager or chef
- Follows all recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant
- Coordinates the delivery of all foods within pre-set time standards
- Demonstrates product standards and recipe knowledge daily
- Sets up, maintains side work, and/or closes stations for scheduled shift (e.g. checks and/or breaks down and cleans equipment, preps all appropriate food items, stocks all food items and smallwares, dates food items and stores according to "first in, first out" rotation method, etc.)
- Prepares and plates station food items according to specifications and pre-set time limits
- Ensures safety and sanitation standards are maintained
- Properly uses personal protective equipment
- Maintains a clean, neat, well-groomed appearance
- Responds to all "call backs" and "echos" to ensure ordered food is prepared on time
- Maintain the proper pH for rice and document it in pH log
- Ensures hot food stays hot and cold food stays cold
- Records all waste on standard form when it occurs
- Communicates any product run outs, equipment issues, and quality of service problems to the MOD immediately
- Welcomes and acknowledges guests according to company standards, when applicable
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas
- Orders ingredients and supplies as directed by manager or chef
- Cleans, sanitizes, and organizes all kitchen areas, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas according to OTG specifications
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others and work toward the goal of customer satisfaction
- Ensures adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the chef or manager at any time
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant experience in Japanese style cooking
- Relevant experience working in a sushi restaurant
OTG Management LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.