In partnership with the Minnesota Department of Health, a free COVID-19 testing site is now open at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. The tests offered at the airport location are not tied to any requirements for accessing air travel – this site is open to the public in an effort to expand the state’s testing capacity in a convenient location for residents in the Twin Cities metro area.
Vault Medical Services is performing the tests and will process the samples at its lab in Oakdale.
- View testing information from the MN Department of Health
- Schedule an appointment with Vault Health
- Sign up for COVID-19 Updates from the MN Department of Health
- See MN Department of Health's FAQs about COVID-19 Testing
- Get directions to Terminal 1
Who is eligible:
- The site is open to all Minnesotans who believe they need a COVID-19 test, whether you have symptoms or not.
- The testing is free for Minnesotans and does not require an ID or insurance. If you are from out-of-state, the test costs $94.
- If you do have insurance, bring your card, as the state will try to recover costs from the insurer, if possible.
How the testing works:
- The clinic will utilize saliva testing, which requires minimal interaction with clinic staff and less equipment than typical COVID testing sites.
- Don’t eat, drink, chew or smoke anything for at least 30 minutes prior to providing your sample.
- At the clinic, a funnel is attached to a small tube, which you spit into until it’s full enough for a sample. You then remove the funnel and close the tube with a plug.
- This process will take about 15 minutes.
- You will receive test results in a few days via email.
Hours and location:
- The airport COVID-19 testing site at Terminal 1 is open 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The testing site is located in the lobby area on Level 2 of the Blue Ramp.
- Parking will be available for all seeking a COVID-19 test:
- Drive to Terminal 1 (4300 Glumack Drive, 55111) and into the entry plaza for the parking ramps. Signs will guide you from the inbound roadway to the clinic location itself.
- Take a ticket and follow signage to Level 2 in the Blue Ramp. Enter via lanes designated for COVID-19 testing.
- Walk to the centrally located elevator lobby. Follow signs to the testing site.
- Staff at the clinic will provide a parking validation ticket, good for up to two hours. Use that ticket when you exit. Parking on this level is for COVID-19 testing only. Overnight parking is not allowed.
- Face masks and social distancing are required at MSP, including in the COVID-19 testing area.
Reservations are encouraged
- Instructions for making a reservation – and other details about the State’s testing program – are located at this web page. The testing site will also welcome walk-ins with no appointment