The days leading up to and following Thanksgiving are busy ones at MSP. If you’re planning a trip through MSP soon, check out these tips and entertainment options to make your journey smooth and enjoyable.
- Learn more about our Travel Confidently program and gather up-to-date safety recommendations and face-covering requirements on our website.
- If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to grab a meal at Terminal 1, MSP ASAP makes it a breeze with pick-up and delivery options directly from your mobile device. Visit mspairport.com to order and enjoy a safe and speedy contactless meal! At Terminal 2, travelers can order ahead from both Caribou Coffee and Subway.
- Check this full schedule of weekly and special musical and dance performances to see if any of them align with your departure or arrival at MSP. The performances are brought to you by Arts@MSP, a joint program of the Metropolitan Airports Commission and the Airport Foundation MSP.
- Also curated and coordinated by Arts@MSP are several new art experiences at MSP, including the art installations found at this link and many new restroom mosaics.
- While the pandemic has had an impact on the number of travelers through MSP, there are still busy periods throughout the day. Passengers should arrive at the airport two hours ahead of a domestic departure, and three hours for an international flight.
Another tip for friends and family picking up or dropping off travelers at MSP’s Terminal 1 is to use the lower roadway for drop offs and the upper roadway for pick-ups. These are opposite locations than is typical for these purposes but can be used if traffic is heavy. Spreading out pick-ups and drop-offs between the two levels during peak traffic times is a win-win for everyone! Just be sure to communicate with your arriving traveler as to where you will pick them up.
Or, to avoid those areas all together, you can also pick-up or drop-off travelers on the upper east roadway, which runs parallel to the traffic lanes directly in front of Terminal 1 (departures level). As you approach the terminal, stay to the left and follow the signs to the upper east roadway.
Wishing you all safe and happy travels!