Terminal 1-Lindbergh has TSA-operated security checkpoints in the following locations.
- The Skyway Security Checkpoint #10, located on the C/G connector bridge, is closed until further notice, due to staffing constraints.
- The checkpoint that provides access to the InterContinental Hotel MSP Airport is closed until further notice, due to staffing constraints.
- The North and South checkpoints on the Ticketing Level. One of these checkpoints is always open at Terminal 1. Generally, both Ticketing Level checkpoints are open by 4 a.m.
- Checkpoint #7 on Concourse G for international connecting travelers only.
At Terminal 2-Humphrey, two security checkpoints are located on Level 2.
- Near the Orange and Purple Parking Ramp skyways.
- Checkpoint 1 will be open between 3:30 a.m. and 10 p.m. Checkpoint 2 is generally only used for peak travel periods.
Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Though intended for frequent international travelers, there is no minimum number of trips necessary to qualify for the program.
Global Entry is available at both terminals.
For more information:
During TSA security checks, PreCheck passengers may usually leave their shoes on, keep 3-1-1 compliant liquids, gels and aerosols in carry-on bags, leave laptops in their bag, leave their belt on and continue to wear light outerwear.
Travelers enrolled in or who are eligible for TSA PreCheck screening should look for PreCheck lanes at open checkpoints.
For more information and to enroll, visit the TSA website.
CLEAR offers expedited access to airport security processing through biometric technology, using fingerprints or irises to identify travelers. Kiosks are available at both the North and South checkpoints in Terminal 1. Visit clearme.com for more information on becoming a member.