What We Are Looking For
Are you energetic, reliable and have a passion for service and developing people? Are you an individual with an interest in meeting new people and adding to the guests travel experience?
Areas is looking for an amazing Manager to join our team as an Assistant Concept Manager in our Panda Express and People's Organic Restaurants located within Terminal 1 of the Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport.
We believe in taking a proactive role in providing guidance and services that support the Area’s goals and objectives by promoting the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource.
We strive to provide our employees with a creative, flexible, exciting and caring work environment.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision, Life, Long Term Disability & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation and Sick time pay
- Areas Cares Days
- Free Meals
- Free Airport Parking
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Uniforms provided including non-slip shoes every 6 months
COVID-19 Safety Measures
We are committed to ensuring the safety of our Associates and Guests. Our safety measures include:
- Symptom screenings before each shift
- Enhanced cleaning and handwashing procedures
- Plexiglass shields and social distancing between Associates and Guests
- Face coverings and gloves are provided for all associates
Job Title: Assistant Concept Manger
Broad Functions: The Assistant Manager assists the Concept Manager in the implementation and enforcement of all restaurant standards in accordance with food safety guidelines. Responsible for financial aspects of the restaurant, sales, cost, fixed assets, ordering food and supplies. Timely implementation of all corporate programs, ensures great guest service, safe food quality, restaurant cleanliness and sanitation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Estimate food consumption, place orders with suppliers, and check quality standards upon delivery of food and beverage.
- Resolve customer complaints about food quality or service through company standards.
- Maintain sanitation standards, and assists in keeping appropriate records.
- Monitor actions of staff and customers to ensure that health and safety standards and liquor regulations (where applicable) are followed in adherence to state and local guidelines.
- Assists in the Preparation of all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Order supplies such as tableware, cooking utensils and cleaning items.
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services (as needed)
- Maintain opening and closing procedures and security standards.
- Advises concept manager to the performance of associates.
- Ensure all employees are following company dress code guidelines.
- Monitor food preparation and methods to insure compliance with brand and company specification and standards.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum High School Diploma, some college preferred.
- 1-2 years restaurant management experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to adapt to a diverse workforce
- Ability to assist leadership team in reaching organizational objectives and goals
- Basic understanding of P&L goals for the location including labor, sales and COG.
Ability to work under pressure. Able to work a flexible work schedule and meet business demands, including weekends and holidays. Knowledge of managing the operations of a business, or group. Knowledge of products and services including selling strategy. Knowledge of providing special services to customers based on their needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate verbally, and hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, taste, and smell. The associate is also occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and either lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.