Airport Arrival Time
Please arrive at MSP two hours before domestic flights and three hours prior to international travel. This allows for enough time to check your bags, be screened and arrive at your gate.
REAL ID Compliance
Minnesota air travelers must obtain a "REAL ID" Minnesota driver's license or identification (ID) card if they want to use one to board a commercial flight in the U.S. after Oct. 1, 2020.
More information about REAL ID can be found on the Minnesota Department of Public Safety's website.
Please note that a valid U.S. passport, military ID or enhanced ID will continue to be accepted for air travel after the Oct. 1 deadline, regardless of whether an individual has a REAL ID.
Terminal 1 has TSA-operated security checkpoints in the following locations.
- The North and South checkpoints are located on the Ticketing Level and can be used by all passengers.
- The Skyway Security Checkpoint #10, located on the C/G connector bridge, is open Monday through Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- Checkpoint #7, located on Concourse G, is for international connecting travelers only.
- The checkpoint that provides access to Terminal 1 from the InterContinental Hotel MSP Airport is open from 4:45 a.m. and 10 a.m., daily.
At Terminal 2, two security checkpoints are located on Level 2.
- Near the Orange and Purple Parking Ramp skyways.
- Checkpoint 1 will be open between 3:30 a.m. and 10 p.m. Checkpoint 2 is generally only used for peak travel periods.
Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Though intended for frequent international travelers, there is no minimum number of trips necessary to qualify for the program.
Global Entry is available at both terminals.
For more information:
During TSA security checks, PreCheck passengers may usually leave their shoes on, keep 3-1-1 compliant liquids, gels and aerosols in carry-on bags, leave laptops in their bag, leave their belt on and continue to wear light outerwear.
Travelers enrolled in or who are eligible for TSA PreCheck screening should look for PreCheck lanes at open checkpoints.
For more information and to enroll, visit the TSA website.
CLEAR offers expedited access to airport security processing through biometric technology, using fingerprints or irises to identify travelers. Kiosks are available at both the North and South checkpoints in Terminal 1. Visit clearme.com for more information on becoming a member.