Use these tips to travel with confidence through the TSA checkpoint:
- Pack items you will need to remove during screening, such as snacks, in smaller bags.
- Leverage electronic boarding passes and electronic passports to minimize contact and expedite your journey.
- Travelers can bring up to 12 oz. of hand sanitizer through the security checkpoints. You will also find hand sanitizer stations available throughout the terminals.
- Passengers can wear facemasks during the screening process - though you may have to adjust your mask to confirm your identity.
- Terminal 2 passengers are encouraged to take advantage of a new pilot program that allows you to reserve a time in the security line - for free! MSP RESERVE puts passengers in control of their airport journey while providing the same high standard of security as all TSA lanes.
Airport Arrival Time
Security checkpoint wait times listed on this web page can change rapidly. Please arrive at MSP two hours before domestic flights and three hours prior to international travel. This allows for enough time to check your bags, be screened and arrive at your gate.
CONCOURSES: A, B, C, D, E, F, G
TSA Precheck Open 4 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Hours are subject to change.
All passengers may use either the North or South checkpoints in Terminal 1 on the Ticketing level.
The Skyway Security Checkpoint on the Concourse C/G connector bridge is temporarily closed along with the associated KCM entrance. The automated exit is open at that location; 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The Hotel Security Checkpoint is closed for the foreseeable future. A hotel shuttle provides service to the terminal; inquire at the front desk.
Security checkpoints at Terminal 2 serve all passengers. Checkpoint 1 is open from 4:00 a.m. until the last scheduled departure. Checkpoint 2 is generally only used during peak travel periods.