Use these tips to Travel Confidently through the TSA checkpoint:
- Markings on the floor measuring six feet apart make social distancing a snap.
- Travelers can bring up to 12 oz. of hand sanitizer through the security checkpoints.
- Passengers can wear masks during the screening process – though you may have to adjust your mask to confirm your identity.
- The TSA is disinfecting touchpoints and bins continuously and all frontline employees will be wearing gloves. You may always ask your agent to put on fresh gloves before a search of your belongings.
- Pack items you will need to remove during screening, such as snacks, in smaller bags.
- Travelers will be scanning their own boarding passes and identification to minimize contact. Make things even easier by utilizing electronic boarding passes and electronic passports.
- Don't forget, while lines may appear longer due to social distancing, what you are seeing is not a long line, it is a safe line!
Airport Arrival Time
Please arrive at MSP two hours before domestic flights and three hours prior to international travel. This allows for enough time to check your bags, be screened and arrive at your gate.
CONCOURSES: A, B, C, D, E, F, G
TSA Precheck Open 4 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Hours are subject to change.
All passengers may use either the North or South checkpoints in Terminal 1 on the Ticketing level.
The Skyway Security Checkpoint on the Concourse C/G connector bridge is open from 5:30 a.m. until noon, seven days a week. An automated exit is also open at that location; 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
As of April 1, 2020, the Hotel Security Checkpoint is closed for the foreseeable future. A hotel shuttle provides service to the terminal; inquire at the front desk.
Security checkpoints at Terminal 2 serve all passengers. Checkpoint 1 is open between 3:30 a.m. and 10 p.m. Checkpoint 2 is generally only used during peak travel periods.