Are you energetic, reliable and have a passion for service? Are you an individual with an interest in meeting new people and adding to the guests travel experience?
Areas is looking for an amazing Associate to join our team as a Bartender in our People's Organic restaurant located within Terminal 1 of the Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport.
This position pays $14.25/hr. plus tips and does require the ability to work weekends.
We believe in taking a proactive role in providing guidance and services that support the Area’s goals and objectives by promoting the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource.
We strive to provide our employees with a creative, flexible, exciting and caring work environment.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Vacation and sick time pay
- Areas Cares Days
- Flexible scheduling part-time and full-time opportunities
- Free shift meal
- Opportunities for advancement
- Uniforms provided including non-slip shoes every 6 months
Broad Functions: To serve beverages and food to guests in a friendly, courteous and timely manner, resulting in total guest satisfaction. To prepare beverages for other servers to supply to guests, and act as cashier for the facility.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Take beverage orders from guests and servers.
2. Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the Restaurant’s standard drink recipes.
3. Input orders into register at the point of sale and create a check for each guest, including those served by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
4. Accept guest payment, process credit card charges, make change when needed and insure vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all moneys.
5. Wash and sterilize glassware.
6. Prepare garnishes for drinks and replenish snacks, appetizers for bar patrons.
7. Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to insure product quality.
8. Must adhere to all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to insure all laws are being followed.
9. Contacting management and security personnel with disorderly guests.
10. Clear and reset tables in bar area.
11. Follow the Guest Program’s steps of service including the presentation of drink menus, making recommendations and answering questions regarding beverages.
12. Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
13. Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to restaurant manager.
Areas Bartender Job Description
14. Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies, including requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers and condiments.
15. Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Be 21 years of age. Minimum of one year of bartending experience essential.
2. High School diploma preferred.
3. Verbal and written English language is essential. Able to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
4. Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
5. Food handler or liquor permits as required by law.
6. Brand certification as required.
7. Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
8. Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
9. Ability to work and stand in confined spaces for long periods of time.
10. Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of alcoholic beverages.
11. Be able to communicate effectively with guests.
12. Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
13. Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 60 pounds.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate verbally, and hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, taste, and smell. The associate is also occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and either lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Job Description Acceptance:
I have received, reviewed and fully understand my job description. I further understand that I am responsible for the satisfactory execution of the essential functions described therein, under any and all conditions as described.