What We Are Looking For
Are you energetic, reliable and have a passion for service? Are you an individual with an interest in meeting new people and adding to the guests travel experience?
Areas is looking for an amazing Associate to join our team as a Cook in our People's Organic, and Panda Express restaurants located within Terminal 1 of the Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport.
This position pays $20.00/hr. and does require the ability to work nights and weekends.
Now offering an additional $1000 sign-on bonus or free iPhone!
We believe in taking a proactive role in providing guidance and services that support the Area’s goals and objectives by promoting the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource.
We strive to provide our employees with a creative, flexible, exciting and caring work environment.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Vacation and sick time pay
- Areas Cares Days
- Flexible scheduling part-time and full-time opportunities
- Free shift meal
- Opportunities for advancement
- Uniforms provided including non-slip shoes every 6 months
COVID-19 Safety Measures
We are committed to ensuring the safety of our Associates and Guests. Our safety measures include:
- Symptom screenings before each shift
- Enhanced cleaning and handwashing procedures
- Plexiglass shields and social distancing between Associates and Guests
- Face coverings and gloves are provided for all associates
Broad Functions: Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
2. Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
3. Knows and complies consistently with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
4. Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
5. Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
6. Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
7. Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
8. Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
9. Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
10. Assists in the receiving of products and stock/replenish items correctly as needed.
11. Record temperature of food items, equipment and storage products on appropriate logs.
12. Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
13. Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Culinary studies preferred.
2. A minimum of 3 years of experience in a full service restaurant.
3. Verbal and written communication is essential, able to read, speak and understand the English language in order to read kitchen tickets, recipes, safety and OSHA compliance and training, etc.
4. Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
5. Good team work approach to daily tasks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to: stand for long periods of time, use hands and fingers, and be able to handle, feel, communicate verbally, and hear.
The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, taste, and smell. The associate is also occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and either lift or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).