WHAT IS OTG?
OTG has revolutionized the hospitality industry by pushing the boundaries of excellence. With more than 300 in-terminal dining and retail locations across 10 airports, OTG and its 5,000+ Crewmembers serve millions of travelers each year.
By joining our team, you’ll discover endless opportunities to explore, learn and realize your greatest potential in some of the most exciting hospitality environments around. Our people drive our experiences, so we offer our crewmembers some of the best compensation and benefits in the industry. OTG has introduced Dayforce Wallet, which allows Crewmembers to make everyday payday by using the pay they’ve already earned to cover expenses before their next paycheck. To learn more, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJz7mPcK0vE
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Cook II is responsible for delivering the OTG guest experience. Ability to prepare food to correct temperature, portion, and plating specifications while maintaining a clean and sanitized area, is critical to success in this role. The Cook II should enjoy working with others and be motivated to deliver quality food experiences for guests.
- An OTG Cook II will work on the line in one of OTG’s full-service concepts
- Prepare food to the correct doneness each time, ensure portion sizing and plating with identical contents and appearance for consistent presentation according to OTG specifications
- Ensure all food items are ready at the same time as others on same order
- Responsible for controlling the quality of all food items prepared to OTG specifications and restaurant directions
- Maintain organization, cleanliness, and sanitation of work areas and equipment
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment (i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.)
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and work toward the goal of guest satisfaction
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be fully conversational in English
- 2 or more years culinary experience in a fast pace dining restaurant (demonstrating moderate-level cooking skills: Quick serve, grilling, frying, etc.)
- Must successfully obtain SERVSafe Certification or equivalent within 30 days of being hired
- Knowledge of cooking procedures, safety, and sanitation
- Experience on multiple stations in the kitchen preferred
- Excellent knife skills
- Able to lift 35 lbs. or more
- Supporting other cooks and working in a team environment
- Must be mobile and able to stand for extended periods, to stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Must be available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and bad weather conditions--must be flexible
OTG Management LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.