What We Are Looking For
Are you energetic, reliable and have a passion for service? Are you an individual with an interest in meeting new people and adding to the guests travel experience?
Areas is looking for an amazing Associate to join our team as a Dishwasher in our People's Organic, and Panda Express restaurants located within Terminal 1 of the Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport.
This position pays $18.00/hr. and does require the ability to work nights and weekends.
We believe in taking a proactive role in providing guidance and services that support the Area’s goals and objectives by promoting the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource.
We strive to provide our employees with a creative, flexible, exciting and caring work environment.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Vacation and sick time pay
- Areas Cares Days
- Flexible scheduling part-time and full-time opportunities
- Free shift meal
- Opportunities for advancement
- Uniforms provided including non-slip shoes every 6 months
COVID-19 Safety Measures
We are committed to ensuring the safety of our Associates and Guests. Our safety measures include:
- Symptom screenings before each shift
- Enhanced cleaning and handwashing procedures
- Plexiglass shields and social distancing between Associates and Guests
- Face coverings and gloves are provided for all associates
Position Title:Utility Associate
Department: Food and Beverage Operations
Reports To: Concept Manager
Status: Non – Exempt
Broad Functions: Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as clean, safe and sanitary facility.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain the cleanliness of floors, ceiling tiles, walls, windows, worktables, meat blocks, hoods, vents, grills, refrigerators, service counters, serving trays, and storage areas.
2. Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
3. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage area.
4. Able to pick up trash/ garbage also able to remove trash and garbage from dumpster.
5. Must notify Manager anytime dish machine or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
6. Clean equipment using specific chemicals to meet sanitary standards; may include the use of heavy equipment and steam cleaning trash receptacles.
7. Load/unload supply trucks transferring between storage and work areas.
8. Stock, date, rotate and check the temperature of food items.
9. Organizes and places deliveries in their assigned place.
10. Maintain and clean dish machine during the day.
11. Other Duties as directed.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. A minimum of 6 months of experience working in a restaurant environment.
2. A high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
3. Proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills.
4. Verbal and written communication is essential. English language proficiency preferred.
5. Must be able to read labels and chemicals.
6. Must have knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use hands and fingers, and be able to handle, feel, communicate verbally, and hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance. The associate is also frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and either lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Job Description Acceptance:
I have received, reviewed and fully understand my job description. I further understand that I am responsible for the satisfactory execution of the essential functions described therein, under any and all conditions as described.