What We Are Looking For
Are you energetic, reliable and have a passion for service and developing people? Are you an individual with an interest in meeting new people and adding to the guests travel experience?
Areas is looking for an amazing Manager to join our team as a Concept Manager in our People's Organic or Panda Express restaurants located within Terminal 1 of the Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport.
We believe in taking a proactive role in providing guidance and services that support the Area’s goals and objectives by promoting the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource.
We strive to provide our employees with a creative, flexible, exciting and caring work environment.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision, Life, Long Term Disability & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation and Sick time pay
- Areas Cares Days
- Free Meals
- Free Airport Parking
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Uniforms provided including non-slip shoes every 6 months
COVID-19 Safety Measures
We are committed to ensuring the safety of our Associates and Guests. Our safety measures include:
- Symptom screenings before each shift
- Enhanced cleaning and handwashing procedures
- Plexiglass shields and social distancing between Associates and Guests
- Face coverings and gloves are provided for all associates
Position Title: Concept Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Class: Full Time
Broad Functions: Responsible for overall operation of the establishment to include: implementation and enforcement of all restaurant standards in accordance with food safety guidelines. Responsible for financial aspects of the restaurant, daily receipts, fixed assets, ordering food and supplies. Timely implementation of all marketing plans, ensures great customer service, safe food quality, restaurant cleanliness and sanitation, develops/mentors associates and supervisors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Estimate food consumption, place orders with suppliers, and schedule delivery of fresh food and beverages.
2. Resolve customer complaints about food quality or service.
3. Direct cleaning of kitchen and dining areas to maintain sanitation standards, and keep appropriate records.
4. Monitor actions of staff and customers to ensure that health and safety standards and liquor regulations are obeyed.
5. Maintain budget and employee records, prepare payroll, and pay bills, or monitor bookkeeping records.
6. May use computer software to monitor inventory, track staff schedules and pay, and perform other record keeping tasks.
7. Check quality of deliveries of fresh food and baked goods.
8. Meet with sales representatives to order supplies such as tableware, cooking utensils, and cleaning items.
9. Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services.
10. Total receipts and balance against sales, deposit receipts, and lock facility at end of day.
11. Select or create successful menu items based on many considerations, and assign prices based on cost analysis.
12. Recruit, hire, and oversee training for staff.
13. Schedule work hours for servers and kitchen staff.
14. Monitor food preparation and methods.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Minimum High School Diploma, some College preferred. 1-2 years restaurant or related food service operations experience.
2. Strong math, verbal and written communication skills.
3. Excellent communication and people skills
4. Strong organizational skills
Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store needs. Self-motivated and energetic. Ability to work under pressure. Able to work a flexible work schedule and meet business demands, including weekends and holidays. Knowledge of managing the operations of a business, or group. Knowledge of advertising and selling products and services. Knowledge of providing special services to customers based on their needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate verbally, and hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, taste, and smell. The associate is also occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and either lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.