Areas USA is seeking for a skilled and energetic associate to join our team as a Restaurant Manager for one of our restaurants located at the Minneapolis- Saint Paul International Airport.
- Status - Full Time
- Salary: $65K - 70K DOE
- Schedule: Average of 50 hours per week (10 - 12 hours shifts).
Broad Functions :Responsible for overall operation of the establishment to include implementation and enforcement of all restaurant standards in accordance with food safety guidelines. Responsible for financial aspects of the restaurant, daily receipts, fixed assets, ordering food and supplies. Timely implementation of all marketing plans ensures great guest service, safe food quality, training, Safety Program, Union Agreements compliance (For CBA locations) restaurant cleanliness and sanitation, develops/mentors associates and supervisors. Responsible for both front and back of the house functions.
- Advance - Opportunities for advancement including multi-unit responsibilities
- Health – Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Protection - Life, long term disability, and short-term disability insurance
- Retirement - 401(k) retirement plan
- Dine with Us - Free Meals
- Opportunities - Transfer opportunities in the US
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate verbally, and hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, taste, and smell. The associate is also occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and either lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Areas USA is a world-class international leader in casual dining and quick serve food, beverage, and retail services in the travel hospitality industry. With an operating presence in 12 countries throughout Europe and the Americas. Areas offers a broad range of food services designed to exceed the expectations of travelers in airports, highway service plazas and railway stations. Areas serves over 348 million guests per year, has 22,500 employees, and is ranked #3 in travel food and retail services worldwide.
Areas have a presence in the following US cities: Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Maryland, Indianapolis, Detroit, Newark. If you’re seeking the perfect balance of professional success and growth potential at a world-class international hospitality company Apply Today!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Estimate food consumption, place orders with suppliers, and schedule delivery of fresh food and beverages.
- Resolve customer complaints about food quality or service.
- Direct cleaning of kitchen and dining areas to maintain sanitation standards, and keep appropriate records.
- Monitor the actions of staff and customers to ensure that health and safety standards and liquor regulations are obeyed.
- Maintain budget and employee records, prepare payroll, and pay bills, or monitor bookkeeping records.
- Will use computer software to monitor inventory, track staff schedules and pay, and perform other record-keeping tasks.
- Check the quality of deliveries of fresh food and baked goods.
- Meet with sales representatives to order supplies such as tableware, cooking utensils, and cleaning items.
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services.
- Total receipts and balance against sales, deposit receipts, and lock facility at the end of the day.
- Select or create successful menu items based on many considerations, and assign prices based on cost analysis.
- Recruit, hire and oversee training for staff.
- Schedule work hours for servers and kitchen staff.
- Monitor food preparation and methods.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum High School Diploma, some College preferred.
- 2 years restaurant or related food service operations experience.
- Strong math, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- FOH and BOH experience required.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store needs
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays Knowledge of advertising and selling products and services
- Knowledge of providing special services to customer based on their needs