YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY IS NOW BOARDING
Join OTG as aStarbucks®Barista now and drive a new type of travel hospitality experience. Discover career opportunities in a unique hospitality environment with some of the industry's best compensation and benefits, including PTO, Healthcare, and a competitive 401k match.
OTG + Starbucks®
OTG has launched an exclusive new partnership with Starbucks® to further revolutionize airport hospitality by pushing the boundaries of excellence and innovation. With more than 300 in-terminal dining and retail locations across 10 airports in the USA and Canada, OTG and its 5,000+ crewmembers serve millions of travelers each year.
By joining our OTG Starbucks® team, you’ll discover endless opportunities to explore, learn and realize your greatest potential in some of the most exciting hospitality environments around. Our people drive our experiences, so we offer our crewmembers some of the best compensation and benefits in the industry. There has never been a more exciting time to connect with us!
We transform airport experiences. You drive it.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Baristas are responsible for delivering the OTG Starbucks experience to all guests and fellow crewmembers. This job creates a great experience by providing guests with prompt service, quality beverages and products and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. To be successful in this role, the barista should enjoy working with others as exhibited through great guest experiences and be motivated to keep the store cleaned and stocked.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of OTG.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the OTG experience during each shift.
- Assists with new crew training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Delivers the OTG experience to all guests by acting with a guest comes first attitude and connecting with the guest. Discovers and responds to guests needs.
- Follows OTG cash handling and cash register policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that crew can locate resources and produce as needed.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean and food products consistently for all guests by adhering to recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Communicate and product outages, equipment issues, or quality of service problems to the manager on duty immediately.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Engage with and understand or guests, including discovering and responding to guests needs through clear and pleasant communication.
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift.
- Maintain a clean, neat, well-groomed appearance
- Other duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Fully conversational in English
- Must obtain ServSafe certification or equivalent within 30 days of being hired
- Able to lift 35 pounds in weight
- Must be able to stand for extended periods, to stoop, kneel and crouch
- Must be available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays and bad weather conditions.
- Must be able to operate kitchen equipment, including espresso machines and grinders, coffee brews ovens and blenders.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Legal documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the country in which you apply.
- Ability to work full time (the work regularly demands in excess of 40 hours per week) including variable hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
OTG Management LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.