If you plan to use Uber, Lyft, or another app-based ride service, your ride will pick you up in the Ground Transportation Center located on Level 1 of the Green/Gold Parking Ramps. Directional stanchion signs labeled "app-based ride services" will help you find your way to the pick-up area.
Pick up is available from the Ground Transport Center, on the ground level of the Purple parking ramp.
Before You Go
Follow these travel tips to get to your destination safely:
- Remain on the sidewalk until your vehicle comes to a complete stop
- Always confirm the license plate
- Have the driver say your name before getting in
For TNC Drivers
MSP Airport requires all Lyft, uberX, uberXL, and UberSELECT partners to obtain a permit and display a vehicle decal to complete rider pickups. Failure to display your permit will result in a $100 fine.
To get your permit, start here:
- Go to tncpermit.mspmac.org
- Fill out the MSP Airport permit form online—you will need to have your social security number & vehicle VIN
- Ensure your driver’s license is current and all documents are up-to-date
At your appointment:
- Show your driver's license
- Verify that you are an active user on your app
- Show a copy of your current vehicle inspection
- A permit fee of $25 per TNC will be charged by debit or credit card (cash will not be accepted)
- Verify and sign a copy of the form you submitted
- Airport staff will verify your information and provide you a decal for each vehicle as well as a paper driver's permit
After your appointment:
- Apply the decal to your windshield. MAC ordinance requires the decal to be permanently affixed on the middle of your windshield behind your rearview mirror
- Carry your paper driver’s permit with you or upload a photo of the permit to your app (if applicable) under “MSP Airport Permit”
Directions to the Terminal 2 Landside Offices for permitting
- Enter 34th Ave from 494 towards the airport
- Continue until you reach the stop sign at E 70th St and take a left U-Turn onto E 72nd St.
- Continue back towards 494 on 72nd St.
- After you cross the train tracks, take the first right marked “App-based Vehicles Only.” Follow the signs to the Landside Office.